Top forgotten things when moving
In the hustle and bustle of a move it is easy to forget some of the basic things you need to take with you. Additionally, it is easy to forget various items that were a part of your old life that you simply haven’t thought about in quite some time. To help you remember the items you can easily forget, we have gathered the top ten things most people forget when they move. Add these items to your check list to avoid forgetting anything during your move.
- Medication. Sounds pretty basic right? How can you forget medication? The answer to that is, easily. The fact, is prescriptions get filled on a regular basis and never see the hands of the people they belong to. Some people simply forget to go pick up the meds they have already called in. Don’t let this happen to you and make sure you pick up any medications that you have a prescription for. This will help you avoid paying for them twice.
- Important Documents. Documents such as your birth certificate, previous year’s tax records, and even marriage licenses are easy to forget. Don’t let that happen to you by keeping these documents in a clearly labeled file. Put the file someplace safe and do not box it. This way, no one can misplace or forget these documents.
- Dry Cleaning. Ok, everyone is guilty of this at one point or another. The fact is dry cleaning is tremendously easy to forget. You put it in months before you move only to remember it once you are halfway across the country. Put Pick Up Dry Cleaning on your to do list so you don’t leave any dry cleaning behind.
- Spare Keys. Remember to find and remove any spare keys that are hidden on your property. That front door lock will likely be changed by the new owner anyways.
- Tools and equipment. Push mowers, gasoline cans, and even weed eaters are common pieces of equipment that get left behind when people move out. Save yourself the added expense of buying these items again by bringing them with you when you move.
- Library books and rentals. While Netflix has virtually destroyed the movie rental business, it is likely that you have a library book or two lying around your belongings. Don’t get charged late fees by returning the books you’ve rented ahead of time.