Office Space Decommissioning Companies & Tips
When moving your company to a new location you will likely need assistance to decommission the space properly. Most businesses require your office space to be free of cables or heavy equipment before you can receive your deposit back. Depending on your business, there is a certain level of complexity involved in decommissioning your space. For this reason, most businesses ought to hire companies who specialize in decommissioning offices. If you plan on using one of these companies, consider the following tips to make sure that you choose the right business to properly decommission your office space.
- Your decommission company should verify what procedures must be followed for proper decommissioning of your office. This often involves meeting with property managers face to face and analyzing the lease agreement that you signed.
- Ask the company you are hiring whether or not they remove cables. This is an important step that many businesses overlook. After the moving company has completely removed your office equipment the next step is to carefully remove cables and Internet connections that may be present in your office.
- Make sure the company offers cleaning services after they remove your items. While most decommission companies readily offer moving services they don’t always offer top to bottom cleaning services. However, this is a part of decommissioning any office so make sure that your contract states that they will be responsible for any clean up.
- After the decommissioning process, you may notice that repairs are necessary. Work quickly to resolve these repairs and get your office space back to its former condition. Otherwise, you will be held liable for any and all damages that the business building has incurred over the course of your lease.
- Thoroughly inspects your office space before turning the keys over to the property management team. Once again, it is crucial for you to make sure every aspect of the building is up to the standards of your lease agreement. If you prefer, you can also hire a professional to carefully inspect the property. Whatever you choose to do, use your lease as the authority when deciding what to do with any damages or cleaning requirements.
Hiring a professional to decommission your office space is probably your best choice when relocating your business. Let the professionals handle the job while you take care of the more important aspects of your business.